Computer Engineering is a profession that applies engineering principles and methodologies in the analysis, design, implementation and management of hardware, software and the integration of both.
Accreditation: PACUCOA Level 1
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
In the first three years on their job, graduates of Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering program of Lyceum of the Philippines–Laguna, shall have;
- Engaged in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education, participate in professional organizations or acquiring additional competency certifications related to the profession.
- Practiced engineering works with good ethical and professional standards imbued with LPU Laguna core values.
- Apply computer engineering knowledge and skills in addressing the needs of the society locally or globally.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences, and engineering sciences to the practice of computer engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understanding professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- A broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- An ability to apply acquired computer engineering knowledge and skills for national development
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment
Specialization and Career Opportunities
- Information Technology
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Project Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Network systems administrator
- Data communications engineer
- Systems developer
- Systems analyst/designer
- Technical Support engineer/ manager
- Quality Assurance engineer/ manager