The field of Industrial Engineering brings together the various sciences concerned with technology, the production of goods, performance of services and the way in which people work. Industrial engineers integrate human, information, material, monetary, and technological resources to produce quality and cost-competitive goods and services in a healthy and efficient work environment.
Industrial Engineering covers a broad spectrum including production planning and control, manufacturing systems and processes, facilities design, human factors, occupational safety, quality control, systems reliability, and systems analysis and design with a strong emphasis on advanced computing.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
In the first three years on their job, graduates of Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program of Lyceum of the Philippines–Laguna, shall have;
- Engaged in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or acquiring additional competency certifications related to the profession.
- Practiced or performed industrial engineering works with good ethical and professional standards imbued with LPU Laguna core values.
- Applied technical ability or management skills to assess enterprise value through analyzing and designing optimized solution to systems of people, technology and information.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, physical and information sciences, and engineering sciences to the practice of industrial engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design, build, improve, and install systems or processes which are efficient, effective, as well as robust to meet desired needs within identified constraints
- An ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- A recognition of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing using the English language
- An understanding of the effects of engineering solutions in a comprehensive context
- An ability to engage in life-long learning and an understanding of the need to keep current of the developments in the specific field of specialization
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and engineering tools necessary for engineering and business practice
- An ability to perform services in the form of analysis, design, preparation of plans, specifications, estimates, and implementation of:
- work standards
- statistical process control systems
- production planning and materials control systems
- manufacturing and service facilities
- operations research models for production and operations
- information systems
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment
Specialization and Career Opportunities
- Industrial Power plant
- Semiconductors and Electronics
- Power Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Illumination Engineer
- Sales Engineer
- Distribution Engineer
- Educator and Researcher
- Instrumentation and Control Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Construction and Project Engineer
- Electrical Design Inspector