The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) program is a collection of Information Technology (IT) tools, methodologies, techniques, and technologies applied to address business opportunities and organizational challenges. The BSIT program highlights the role of leadership in IT in creating the right IT systems, the importance of meeting agreed user requirements, and the effective use of appropriate technology and resources.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The program brings to the students industry practice of complete systems lifecycle from identifying appropriate hardware and software technologies, integrating these technologies with infrastructure, and developing, testing, deploying, implementing, customizing and improving IT systems to facilitate a secure and effective environment that supports the activities of the organization’s computing requirement.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
In the first three years on their job, graduates of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program of Lyceum of the Philippines–Laguna, shall have;
- Applied their specialization in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with morally upright and ethical responsibilities.
- Attained the best practices in the field of Information Technology by acquiring at least a team leader position or being an expert in the field of specialization.
- Gained at least an ICT-related award, recognition, certification or continuous professional development that are locally or internationally accepted.
The students should attain the following by the time of graduation:
- Apply knowledge of computing, science and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze a complex problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Design, implement and evaluate a computer based system, process, component or program to meet desired needs appropriate constraints for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Use modern techniques, skills and tools of computing practice in complex computing activities
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings
- Communicate effectively about complex computing activities with various communities, such as computing experts and society at large, using appropriate levels of discourse
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities relevant to professional computing practice
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in continuous professional development and lifelong learning
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation, and administration of computer based systems
- Understand best practices and standards and their applications
- Assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- Identifying appropriate hardware and software technologies to solve operational and organizational challenges
- Integrate technologies with network and other computing infrastructure
- Develop systems to meet agreed customer/user needs
- Test systems to ensure quality requirements are met
- Deploy systems to different IT environments
- Implement systems to maximize IT investments
- Customize and improve IT systems to meet changing organizational needs
Specialization and Career Opportunities
Systems & Network Security Track:
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Architect
- Database Administrator
- Network and Security Engineer
- IT Support Engineer