The Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology/ Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science is a four year course consisting of general education and professional courses. The fourth year level is the internship program of one year in a CHED- accredited training laboratory with rotational duties in different sections in the laboratory.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Three to five years after graduation, the Bachelor of Science in Medical technology graduates shall have:
- Assumed managerial and leadership role in the field of medical laboratory and recognized the role of the medical laboratory scientist in the assurance of high standards and quality health care.
- Managed laboratory establishments and diagnostic center based in entrepreneurial practice showing responsibilities and concern for the welfare of the humanity.
- Engaged in professional collaboration with other healthcare practitioners in a medical research using the principles and ethical/legal techniques in clinical laboratory practices.
- Pursued professional development, scientific advancement and recognized life-long learning.
The students should attain the following by the time of graduation:
a. Demonstrate technical competence in the performance of clinical laboratory test aid in diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases vis-à-vis biosafety and waste management.
b. Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in the workplace.
c. Contribute in the collection, analysis, and projection of heath information for improving the health care management system.
d. Demonstrate inter-personal skills, leadership qualities, and ethical practice of the profession.
e. Demonstrate the research skills in relevant areas of Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science practice.
f. Engage in community oriented service activities
g. Engage in life-long learning activities
h. Demonstrate effective teaching and communication skills.
Graduates of BSMLS can have professions and careers as
- Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist
- Diagnostic Molecular Scientist
- Laboratory Manager
- Diagnostic Product Specialist
- Public Health Practitioner
Can work in other Special Fields in
- Public Health and Epidemiology
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Histotechnique and Cytologic Technique
- Food and Industrial Microbiology
CORE FACULTY MEMBERS
|Faculty Name||Field of Specialization|
|Dr. Leah F. Quinto||Professional Courses|
|Mark Kerwin Sayas, RMT MSMLS||Professional Courses|
|Apryl Hannah Arbolado, RMT, MSMLS||Professional Courses|
Reference: CMO 13 series 2017