Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a four-year program which aims to prepare a fully functioning nurse who upon completion of the program is expected to demonstrate beginning professional competencies and shall continue to assume responsibility for personal and professional development, and who further uses research findings or results in the practice of the profession. At the start of the first year, students are already exposed to professional courses and are continued through the fourth year to ensure that competencies are developed at each particular level. The program also provides an intensive nursing practicum that will refine the clinical skills learned at each level to ensure that the basic clinical competencies required of a beginning nurse practitioner are developed.
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
Four years after graduation, the Nursing alumni shall have:
- Applied knowledge of physical, social, natural, and health sciences and humanities in the practice of nursing.
- Applied guidelines and principles of evidence-based practice in the delivery of care.
- Practiced nursing in accordance with existing laws, legal, ethical and moral principles.
- Engaged in lifelong learning with a passion to keep current with national and global developments in general and nursing and health developments in particular.
- Demonstrated responsible citizenship and pride of being a Filipino.
- Apply techno-intelligent care systems and processes in health care delivery.
The student should attain the following by the time of graduation:
a. Ability to provide safe, appropriate and holistic care to individuals, families, population group and community utilizing the nursing process.
b. Ability to communicate effectively in speaking, writing and presenting using culturally-appropriate language.
c. Ability to document and include reporting up-to-date client care accurately and comprehensively.
d. Ability to work effectively in collaboration with inter, intra and multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
e. Ability to practice beginning management and leadership skills in the delivery of client care using a system approach.
f. Skill to conduct research with an experienced researcher.
g. Ability to adopt the nursing core values in the practice of the profession.
h. Applied entrepreneurial skills in the delivery of nursing care.
Graduates of BS Nursing may pursue a career path in various hospital settings and community clinics. They may apply as:
- Staff Nurse
- Community/Public Health Nurse
- Hospice Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Clinical Nurse
- School Nurse
- Private Duty Nurse
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Research Nurse
- Nurse Informatics Specialist
- Military Nurse
- Critical Care Nurse
- Nurse Case Manager
- Pediatric Nurse
- Operating Room Nurse
- Emergency Room Nurse
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Cruise Ship Nurse
CORE FACULTY MEMBERS
|FACULTY||FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION|
|Prof. Ronnalyn Sy||Nursing Professionals|
|Dr. Lolita Avanzado||Nursing Professionals|
|Dr. Mignodel Morales||Nursing Professionals|
Reference: CMO No. 17 series 2017