BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PSYCHOLOGY
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology program is a scientific study of behavior and mental processes. In general the emphasis is on the individual person and how the person’s mental processes and behavior are affected by internal, relational and social factors. Psychology as a discipline and professional practice contributes to national development through basic and applied
Program Educational Objectives (PEO) for
BS Psychology Program
Three years after graduation, graduates shall have:
- Assumed any leadership positions in different professional fields of psychology such as clinical and healthcare support, industry, education and social services.
- pursued graduate studies in order to qualify for the psychologist licensure exam as well as subject to specialized post graduate training to further enhance skills and knowledge
- Engaged in research with the use of knowledge and developed skills in psychology and must communicate the results of such undertaking to both in psychological circles and laymen.
- Applied psychological principles in different settings and circumstances such as personal, educational, social, and organizational as well as diversity issues.
Student Outcome (SO)
By the time of graduation, students shall have the ability to:
a. Demonstrate the capability to discuss and analyze the major theories and concepts in psychology
b. Demonstrate and apply the methods of psychological inquiry in building knowledge on local culture and context.
c. Demonstrate and apply psychological theories and methods in personal and professional settings
d. Demonstrate capability for self-reflection and independent learning in graduate education or in professional context
e. Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors in research and practice in Psychology
f. Demonstrate the ability to relate appropriately with colleagues, clients, and others in diverse cultural setting.
g. Demonstrate the conduct of Psychological assessments and evaluation.
h. Apply entrepreneurial skills in the delivery of Psychological services.
- Human Resource Officers/Managers
- Training Development Officer
- Guidance Counselors/Facilitators
- Preschool and SPED Teachers
|CORE FACULTY MEMBERS|
|Faculty Name||Field of Specialization|
|Prof. Fernando A. Garcia||General Psychology|
|Prof. Madelle L. Abuyo||Human Ecology|
|Prof. Alexie Basileyo||Clinical Psychology|
|Prof. Shin Kashiwagi||Psychology|
|Prof. Darwin Magpili||Industrial Psychology|
Reference: CMO No.34 series of 2017