Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering program is the science dealing with the development and application of devices and systems involving the flow of electrons of other carriers of electric charge, in a vacuum, in gaseous media, in plasma, in semiconductors, in solid-state and/or in similar devices, including but not limited to, applications involving optical, electromagnetic and other energy forms when transduced or converted into electronic signals (RA9292, 2004)
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
Three to five years after graduation, the Electronics Engineering alumni shall have:
- Engaged in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education, participate in professional organizations or acquiring additional competency certifications related to the profession.
- Practiced engineering works with good ethical and professional standards imbued with LPU Laguna core values.
- Applied electronics engineering knowledge and skills in dealing with local or international industrial community for the advancement of society.
The students should attain the following by the time of graduation:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve Electronics Engineering problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Ability to apply knowledge in Electronics Engineering in at least one specialized field of Electronics engineering Practice.
Graduates of BSECE can have professions and careers in the following industry:
- Information Technology
- Power sector
- And others as declared in RA9292
CORE FACULTY MEMBERS
|Faculty Name||Field of Specializations|
|Engr. Jomer V. Catipon||Research, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation and Controls, Automation.|
|Engr. Sarah de Castro||Electronics Engineering, Telecomms|
|Engr. Joseph Favis Balinado||Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation and Controls, Automation. Control systems, embedded systems, Signal Processing,|
Reference: CMO 101 s 2017