COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER STUDIES
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is a profession that applies the basic principles of science in conjunction with mathematical and computational tools to solve problems associated with developing and sustaining civilized life on our planet. Civil Engineering works are generally one-of-a-kind projects; they are often grand in scale, and they usually require cooperation among professionals of many different disciplines.
The completion of a civil engineering project involves the solution of technical problems in which information from numerous sources and myriad non-technical factors play a significant role. Some of the most common examples of civil engineering works include bridges, buildings, dams, airports and hangars, ports and harbors, highways and railways, tunnels, river and shore improvements, lighthouses, drydocks, irrigations, flood protection, drainage, water supply, and towers. Enumeration of any work in this section shall not be construed as excluding any other work requiring civil engineering knowledge and application.
Civil Engineering is one of the broadest engineering disciplines both in terms of the range of problems that fall within its purview and in the range of knowledge required to solve those problems.
- Structural Engineer
- Construction Managers
- Water Resources Engineers
- Urban Planner
Program Educational Objectives
- Engaged in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education, participation in professional organizations, or acquiring additional competency certifications related to the profession.
- Practiced or performed industrial engineering works with good ethical and professional standards imbued with LPU Laguna core values.
- Applied technical ability or management skills to assess enterprise value through analyzing and designing an optimized solution to systems of people, technology, and information.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex civil engineering problems;
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards;
- Know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.