- AcademicsSenior High SchoolGraduate SchoolETEEAP ProgramsLPU Culinary Institute LagunaCollege of International Tourism and Hospitality ManagementJunior High SchoolCollege of Engineering and Computer StudiesCollege of Arts and SciencesCollege of Business and AccountancySchool of Health Sciences
from The Office of Admissions!
- Campus LifeStudent ServicesFacilitiesAccommodationSupport ServicesExtension
LPU-Laguna keeps up to date with the highest education standards.School of Health SciencesCollege of Arts and SciencesCollege of Engineering and Computer StudiesCollege of International Tourism and Hospitality ManagementCollege of Business and Accountancy
- AboutAbout usGlobalResearchQuality AssuranceSustainabilityAchievement and Latest NewsOfficialsLPU-Laguna keeps up to date with the highest education standards.
Learn about our qualifications and standards here.LPU-Laguna Energy Conservation Policy
Step into LPU-Laguna by joining the freshman orientation here.
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER STUDIES
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is a profession that involves the conceptualization, development, design and application of safe, healthy, ethical, economical and sustainable generation, transmission, distribution, and utilization of electrical energy for the benefit of the society and the environment through the knowledge of mathematics, physical sciences, information technology, and other allied sciences, gained by study , research and practice.
Electrical engineering is one of the broader fields of the engineering disciplines both in terms of the range of problems that fall within its purview and in the range of knowledge required to solve these problems.
Graduates of BSECE can have professions and careers in the following industry:
- Power system operation and protection
- Power plant operation and maintenance
- Advanced electrical systems design and inspection
- Sales and entrepreneurship
- Engineering education and research
- Instrumentation and controls systems
- Construction and project management
- Software development
- Electricity market
- Safety engineering
Three to five years after graduation, the Electronics Engineering alumni shall have:
- Engaged in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or acquiring additional competency certifications related to the profession.
- Practiced or performed electronics engineering works with good ethical and professional standards imbued with LPU Laguna core values.
- Applied technical ability or management skills to assess enterprise value through analyzing and designing optimized solution to systems of people, technology and information.
The students should attain the following by the time of graduation:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve Electrical Engineering problems.
- Ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function effectively on multidisciplinary and multicultural teams that establish goals, plans, tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex problems in electrical engineering.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need for additional knowledge and engage in life-long learning.
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the field of electrical engineering.
- Apply techniques and skills and modern engineering tools necessary for electrical engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.