COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER STUDIES
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program is intended to prepare students for a professional Industrial Engineering career including a leading role in the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. Graduates of the program must have specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
Graduates of BSIE can have professions and careers as
- Customer Service Engineer
- Logistics/Supply Chain Manager
- Management System Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer/Manager
- Operations Engineer/Manager
- Operations Research Analyst
- Planning Engineer
- Production Planner
- Process Improvement Engineer
- Project Engineer/Manager
- Quality Assurance Engineer/Manager
- Research and Development Engineer
- System Analyst/Engineer/Designer
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduation, the Industrial Engineering alumni shall have:
- Engaged in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education, participation in professional organizations or acquiring additional competency certifications related to the profession.
- Practiced or performed industrial engineering works with good ethical and professional standards imbued with LPU Laguna core values.
- Applied technical ability or management skills to assess enterprise value through analyzing and designing optimized solution to systems of people, technology and information.
The students should attain the following by the time of graduation:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve industrial engineering problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy.