Award of Excellence 2019: “Legacy of Excellence”
LPU-L RECOGNIZES ITS TOP PERFORMING STUDENTS AND STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
by: Anthonete S. Alvarez
LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY – LAGUNA, an industry-driven institution, committed to induce and instill excellence and quality education among its students, held its annual Award of Excellence with the theme: “Legacy of Excellence”, at the Audio Visual Room, JPL Building, last 29th of April.
Executive Vice President and Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Flora V. Javier imparted meaningful insights on leadership, whereas the guest speaker, Mr. Dreus Cosio, related his perspective on leadership to his personal life experiences, with the closing line “Be a leader with a heart”.
The following organizations were awarded a Certificate of Special Citation for their countless efforts of helping the LPU Community reach its goals: The Lyceum Chorale Singers, Communicators’ Society, Lyceum Multimedia Arts Creative Society, Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants, and Event Management Class of College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Johnrone Burgos from the College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management (CITHM) was awarded as the Male Actor of the Year.
Jan Kenneth Sadsad from the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) was awarded as the Male Dancer of the Year, while Charlene May Roamar from the College of Engineering and Computer Studies (COECS) as the Female Dancer of the Year.
Meanwhile, Jiether Macatangay and Erika Dinglasan from the College of Business and Accountancy (CBA) were honored as Athletes of the Year for leading their team to victories and championships for their LPU-L Pirates Team.
Top Performing Student Volunteer Award was given to Cristelle M. Sobejana and Twinkle F. Medina from the College of Allied Medicine (CAM) for rendering sincere service to the Institutional Social Responsibility Office to reach out to nearby communities.
Zyra Mae Moreno, from CBA, is this year’s recipient of the Sotero H. Laurel Community Involvement Award for her selfless contributions to LPU’s institutional events and for serving as the President of the Lyceum Supreme Student Council for S.Y. 2018-2019.
The former Lyceum Supreme Student Council (LSSC) officers were also recognized for their invaluable contributions to LPU-L during their tenure as student leaders. Other awards were also given to top performing students and student organizations for their excellent performance this past year.
Top Performing Students in Extra Curricular Activities
- Nhaila Yasmin Gonzales (COECS)
- Alexis Santos (CBA)
- Johnrone Burgos (CITHM)
Top Outstanding Student Organizations
- League of Warriors (CITHM)
- League of Tourism Students Laguna Chapter (CITHM)
- Institute of Electronics Engineering of the Philippines LPU-Laguna Student Chapter (COECS)
- Lyceum of the Philippines Industrial Engineering Society (COECS)
- Communicators’ Society (CAS) and the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers Laguna Chapter (COECS).
Outstanding College Councils
- College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- College of Engineering and Computer Studies
- College of Business and Accountancy
- College of Allied Medicine
- College of Arts and Sciences
Top 10 Outstanding Students
- Zyra Mae Moreno (CBA)
- Mark Justine Dismaya (CITHM)
- Ferdinand Lat (CITHM)
- Andreana Amor Gulay (COECS)
- Edrick Castillo (COECS)
- Lady Dianne Yanga (COECS)
- Cristelle Sobejana (CAM)
- Elmer Travis Mangaring (CITHM)
- Twinkle Medina (CAM)10. Marienela Therese Alayon (CBA)